Home About Me Travel Expat Life Image Map

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Aussie Photo Shoot

... Just in case you weren't already sick of photos of David and I after my Anniversary post yesterday :-) ...

We have been lucky enough to make some amazing friends here in Gladstone.  Granted, it took several months for me to make these connections (which makes me even sadder that we are leaving sooner than expected), but either way, I am so glad to have these friends.  One of these friends, Katie, is an extremely talented photographer.  She and I also worked together at the same school here, which was a blast- but that's a story for another day/post. 

I had really wanted to get some photos of David and I (that weren't of the extended arm selfy genre) to help us remember our time here in Australia.  When Katie offered to do the job, I was thrilled!  We met up at the Tondoon Botanic Gardens in Gladstone for a little photo shoot before heading to our going away party last Saturday evening (also a post for another day). 

I had told Katie that I only had one request.  And that request was that we get some shots with Eucalyptus trees (gum trees) in the background.  I love these beautiful trees, and for me they are the ultimate iconic Australian tree- they're everywhere here.  So I am SO happy that she got these amazing shots!  Now if only we could have caught a koala up in one of the trees and some kangaroos hopping by in the background.  I think I might have died...

 

Here are some of my other faves...

 
 
 
 
 
Can we just pause for a moment and note how crazy long my hair is?!  Who let that happen?! I think I've worn it down ten or less times in the past year, so I was even surprised.  Don't worry, I have an appointment to chop it off on Dec. 29!

 

I am so thankful to have these photos.  Katie did a great job, as expected.  Man, my friends are talented :-)

 
 photo signature.jpg

5 comments:

  1. Love the pictures and I like long hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad we're pausing for a moment to talk about your hair because it is SO long! I love it (but also totally get why you're ready to chop it). Gorgeous photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos! The dress is perfect on you btw!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love hearing from you!