Home About Me Travel Expat Life Image Map

Thursday, February 04, 2016

12 Months

**Woops! I had this all written and ready to go, and I guess I forgot to hit publish...**

12 Months
November 27 – December 26


Long story short:

-Milestones: Jack took his first steps this month!!!  He wrapped up the month with 2 more teeth- making it 8 in total.  Jack said his first words this month, “ho ho ho!” (so fitting for my day-after-Christmas-baby, AND just in time for Jack to celebrate his first Christmas. 
-Likes: Jack is still crazy-obsessed with his walkers- especially his Y-bike.  Houston has been having very warm weather for December, so we have been taking advantage and visiting our park across the street at LEAST once a day.  Jack loves going across the bridge, eating rocks, going down the slide, and pushing his y-bike as far away from me as possible.  Jack is also really into playing peek-a-boo lately.  He loves to hide under a blanket with his little hands and feet sticking out and twisting in excitement just waiting for me to pull the blanket off. 
Favorite toys: Y-bike, stacking rings, light up ball, stacking ducks toy from Aunt Renee, crib aquarium, empty Diet Dr. Pepper cans (that’s my boy!), straws.
-Dislikes: Jack still hates having his face, nose, hands, etc. wiped off.  Either do it yourself or get used to it, buddy.  He also severely dislikes when anyone takes something away from him, and he super hates when I have the nerve to leave the room without him (major mommy attachment this month). 
-Foods:  Jack’s love for avocados is still going strong.  He also really enjoys grapes, pasta, yogurt, chicken, goldfish, and his sippy cup of water.  He really does not enjoy eggs or bread.
-Sizes: Diaper size 4, Clothing: 18-24 months, Shoes: between size 4/5
-Sleep: Overall, Jack is still sleeping pretty well!  Although this month has brought us more sleep disruptions than I care to discuss due to teething, travel, etc.  Also, I hate to acknowledge it, but I think Jack is beginning the transition from 2 naps to 1 nap.  Neither of us are really ready for this (him, because on the day he tries 1 nap, he is an awful Grinch until bedtime, me, for selfish reasons and wanting two “breaks” each day).  Sigh.

Long story (very) long:

49 Weeks (November 28 – December 4):



Well, it happened- Jack took his first steps!  It was the Sunday after Thanksgiving, and we had stopped over at my Aunt Mary’s house to visit.  Mary and I were sitting across from each other, and she was holding him between her legs.  I had literally just gotten done telling Mary how Jack didn’t really seem to be too interested in walking when he started fussing for me and took about 4 or 5 steps over to me.  I couldn’t believe it!  He did it again a couple more times and then again when we got home so David got to see it, but then he didn’t step again the rest of the week!  It was like he was thinking, “oh oops, didn’t mean to let you know I could do that.” 

It’s hard to top first steps, but a few other highlights from the week: kneeling and playing rolling catch. 

Open mouth kisses

Big park, little baby





 50 Weeks (December 5 – 11):


I started preparing for Jack’s first Christmas this week.  It’s so fun to think about Christmas with a baby around.  And SO crazy to think about what I was doing this time last year.  

New this week: drinking out of a straw and beginning to throw mini-tantrums.  I guess it’s getting me ready for life with a toddler.  Jack loves to push his y-bike outside, but he loses his mind when I won’t let him go into the street.  I know, mean mom. 

Grill master



Meltdown



51 Weeks (December 12 – 18)


This week we Jack got to meet Santa TWICE.  The first meeting was a little neighborhood setup, and to be quite honest, Santa and Mrs. Claus truly were a bit frightening, so I don’t blame Jack for being skeptical and then flipping out.  Later in the week, we went to visit Santa at the mall.  This encounter was a little less upsetting.  We are still having amazingly warm weather, so we are making at least daily trips to our across the street park.  Jack is FINALLY becoming less interested in putting the pebbles that cover the playground floor in his mouth.  But now he will sit there and throw handfuls of rocks over his shoulder, which ends up with a shirt and diaper full of rocks.   

Also new this week- Jack loves playing with my iPhone and he thinks it’s hilarious to “talk” to Siri. 




Well, that's one way to do it



He loved his first candy cane!

Visiting dad at work

Spending a rainy day at the Children's Museum



52 Weeks (December 19 – 25)


Jack had a very busy last week as a baby.  We started the week off with back to back birthday parties at The Little Gym.  Jack had a lot of fun, and was worn out afterwards!  We traveled to Phoenix this week to celebrate Christmas and Jack’s first birthday with my family.  It was so fun to be with family for these two special occasions.  Of course, Jack didn’t have any understanding of what was going on as far as Christmas or his birthday went, but it was still fun to celebrate with him.  He got some great gifts from Santa, but he of course mostly enjoyed playing with the wrapping paper and ribbons.  On Jack’s actual birthday, we had a few family members and friends over to my parents’ house for a little birthday celebration.  Jack was so fascinated when everyone sang him happy birthday, but he was not at all interested in his cupcake.  I was really surprised!  We had a great time though, and I can’t believe my sweet boy is ONE year old now!  

New this week: Jack’s first word- “ho ho ho!”  So fitting for my little Christmas baby! 




New trick - crossing his fingers

Santa on the plane - Santa pushing his sleigh

All dressed up on Christmas Eve

Our 1st Christmas Eve as a family of three

Christmas morning fun

 photo signature.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I love hearing from you!