Home About Me Travel Expat Life Image Map

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Currently...

I've seen several of these "currently" posts going around recently.  And I thought it might be fun to jump on the bandwagon and try one of my own.

Currently...

Reading: FINALLY finished Mockingjay in the Hunger Game series.  I read the first two books this time last year super quickly and was obsessed!  But then I kind of got burned out and apparently needed to take an almost year hiatus from Katniss and Peeta.  Loved the third book, although I was a tiny bit disappointed in the ending... but not really quite sure what I was hoping for as an alternative.  Now onto reading My Dyslexia- a very thoughtful gift (since I used to work a lot with children with dyslexia) given to me by my sister LAST Christmas.  I am SUCH a bad reader, but I'm resolving to try and read more. 



Watching: This may have something to do with why I'm such a bad/disinterested reader- I just have too many reality TV commitments (yes, they are commitments).  To name a few: Biggest Loser, Bachelor, American Idol...



Listening: I almost always listen to the "Today's Hits" Pandora station.  It keeps me current on what music is popular back in the US- I'm secretly afraid when I return I will be so out of touch. 

Wanting: Real Mexican food! 

Looking Forward To: My trip to New Zealand in just a few weeks!! 

Wishing: Time zones didn't exist. I've been working a lot more- which is great, but the downside is that it pretty much eliminates my "window of opportunity" for times that I can call the US and not wake someone up.  For example: It is about 7:30 PM here now.  The time zones below are where most of "my people" live, and as you can see, I don't think any of them would really appreciate their phone ringing right now. 

 

3 comments:

  1. I so agree with you on Mockingjay. I can't think of anything I would have rather been the ending but I was definitely disappointed with how it ended.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! I kept trying to think of alternative endings, but came up with nothing. Something about it just felt unfinished though. I'll be interested to see how the movie interprets the ending!

      Delete
  2. So honored I got my on spot on your time on your world clocks! Make sure you update me to lovely Cali now that I am no longer on the East Coast!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love hearing from you!