Home About Me Travel Expat Life Image Map

Friday, February 22, 2013

Looking Forward

Having something to look forward to has always been something that really helps me stay positive- especially when I'm feeling particularly homesick and missing familiar faces of friends and family.  That being said, I have some VERY exciting things that I'm looking forward to coming up! 

March 18:

Trip to New Zealand!  As if travelling to New Zealand wasn't exciting enough on its own... it gets even better.  I'm going to be meeting one of my very best friends there (who just so happens to also be my cousin), Lee Anne!  Obviously I'm excited to explore New Zealand, but I can't even explain how happy I will be to see Lee Anne! I've always wanted to travel somewhere fun with Lee, and I can't wait for the adventures I'm sure we'll have.  Plus, she will be the first family member or friend from home I will have seen in roughly seven months.  There may be tears when we're reunited, and I may never let her out of my sight the entire time.  Sorry, Lee :-) 

"We're not cousins, we're friends."

 
End of April:

Another one of my best friends/college roommate/hermana espanola (we were roommates while living in Spain) and her boyfriend are coming to visit Australia!  Jen and I became excellent travel compadres while we studied abroad in Spain, and I can't wait to be "abroad" together again!  I feel so honored that they're taking the time (and money) to come visit the other side of the world.  I'm excited to help them start planning their trip!  It will be the first time I get to play tour guide in Australia. 

Jen and I in front of La Alhambra in Granada
End of June/Early July:

My parents are coming to visit!  CANNOT WAIT!  I doubt they probably EVER thought they'd visit Australia, much less have a daughter that lives here.  I'm looking forward to helping them plan what I hope will be a very memorable trip.  I will also be excited to show them around little old Gladstone and introduce them to what life has been like here. 



I feel so lucky to have friends and family willing and able to travel completely across the world to see little old me!  Hurry up, guys- there are adventures to be had, koalas to snuggle, and kangaroos to play with! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I love hearing from you!