Home About Me Travel Expat Life Image Map

Friday, October 24, 2014

31 Weeks: A Pineapple

October 16, 2014

Photo Thoughts: Why have I never worn leggings before? These are one of the most comfortable things I've ever worn! Oh- and the cleaning stuff is to represent the big cleaning spree I felt compelled to go on this past weekend.

How I'm Feeling: Big.  My back aches off and on throughout the day. But all things considered, I guess there's not too much to complain about.

Baby/Bump: The experts say there is a big increase of brain activity that coincides with all 5 senses being just about fully developed this week. 
 
The bump is definitely growing OUT, and I've been feeling him up a lot higher than I used to.  I felt like he was so low for such a long time.
 
The view from above this week.
 

 

Symptoms: Lower/mid back aches if I'm on my feet for too long, and slightly swollen ankles most evenings. I'm also still experiencing shortness of breath throughout the day- even just randomly if I'm sitting down. But I also notice I get winded very easily.  I'm starting to resent the stairs in our house, as they are becoming more and more of a chore.

Weight: + 0 this week, so +22.0 total still. Yay for a little plateau!

What I'm Stressing About/Worries: Broken record on this one... just stressing about that ticking clock and that growing "To Do" list.

Diet/Cravings/Aversions: I've been really into peanut butter this week. I had been on a cereal kick for breakfast, but I was noticing that shortly after I would get to work I was feeling kind of gross.  I started to suspect it might be the milk since I really hardly ever drink milk.  So I took a break from cereal and milk and switched to an English Muffin with peanut butter.  SOOOO good!  And I am not feeling sick anymore, so... peanut butter FTW!

What I'm Missing: As the weather is ever so slightly changing, I am starting to miss my old clothes a little bit. And I really am hoping I won't have to buy a bunch of "cold weather" maternity clothes with so little time left...

Sleep: I finally got a body pillow this week (just a regular, non-pregnancy one).  It seems to be helping a little bit, although I wasn't really all that uncomfortable to begin with.  But I'm sure it will be good to have in the coming weeks.

Exercise: Still doing well about staying back on a regular workout schedule! AND, I started a prenatal pilates/barre class this week!  The studio is really close to where we live, and the lady runs it our of her house, so the classes are really small, which is nice. There were 6 people in the class, ranging from about 25 weeks to 38 weeks. It was a good workout, and it felt good to do some exercises and stretches that were really adapted for and aimed at a pregnant body.  I really liked it, and I'm excited to go again! 


Movement: Lots of movement, although still mostly unidentifiable. This week I got my first real "zinger" of a kick straight to the bladder. I was standing in an aisle at Target when it happened, and I was sure that when I looked down I would see a puddle at my feet. Luckily that didn't happen, but OW- that hurt!

Boy or Girl: In case you forgot- it's a boy!

Highlights of the Week: My Phoenix Baby Shower, of course!!!  My mom, sister, and cousin did an amazing job planning and putting it on- it was perfect! And it was so fun to catch up with family and friends. Baby H and I were definitely spoiled, and we received TONS of great baby gifts.  And because of the story book theme, baby boy's library is off to a pretty impressive start!  A friend of mine took pictures of the shower, and I'm still waiting to get my hands on those, but when I do, I will post some more photos of the big event!

Guest-made onesies- who knew my family and friends were so TALENTED?!
 


One of my very best friends, Kayli, was in town for work for a couple nights this week and she stay at our house. It was SO good to see her and spend some time together in between her work events. She even got to feel a few baby kicks!  But, major failure, we didn't even manage to get ONE photo of the two of us :-(

Oh, and also not to be overlooked in the "highlight" department... I took my very first pregnancy nap this week!  Crazy, I know. I am just NOT a napper- never have been (even as a baby, according to my mom).  But one day this week when I got home from work, I was beat, and a power nap (I set my alarm for 30 minutes) seemed like the only solution.


Most Entertaining Question/Comment of the Week: The pest control guy said out of nowhere, "So, when are you going to pop?"

 photo signature.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I love hearing from you!