Home About Me Travel Expat Life Image Map

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

30 Weeks: A Cucumber

October 9, 2014


Photo Thoughts: These photos are actually from my a few days past 30 weeks... my photos are always a little delayed.  These are actually baby shower photos where I was something like 30 weeks + 2 days.  It's just easier for me to take photos on the weekends. 

How I'm Feeling: Overall, I don't have much room to complain.  I am still noticing that the all around uncomfortable feeling is just kind of becoming a part of my every day.  Nothing awful, but the dull back aches and feet aches throughout the day are no fun. 

Baby/Bump: Baby boy's brain is showing lots of activity now as his 5 senses are becoming more and more refined.  Come on, Baby Einstein!  His previously wrinkly skin is starting to smooth out as he packs on the fat.  The chubbier, the better I say. 
My bump just gets bigger and bigger (duh, I guess).  I think I might be able to avoid the outie belly button.  Mine just seems to be stretching out flat.  Belly buttons are weird things. 


Symptoms: It's definitely unavoidable now that if I am on my feet for too long, my back and my feet will inevitably begin to ache.  I'm also still experiencing some shortness of breath- usually in the evenings.  Baby, stop crowding my lungs please. 

Weight: + 1.0... +22.0 total. (Plus that +10 I never lost from Australia... but I will just try not to factor that in.  For now.)

What I'm Anticipating: I am SO excited for my baby shower coming up this weekend.  My mom, sister, and cousin are hosting a shower for me in Phoenix, and I can't wait.  It will be so fun to see friends and family and celebrate Baby H. 

What I'm Stressing About/Worries: I'm not really stressing about it, but I am just really hoping that my flight to Phoenix goes smoothly.  I hope I can avoid the crazy ankle/feet swelling I experienced the last two times I've flown during this pregnancy. 

Also, on Sunday night, I was just minding my business... making dinner. And BAM, out of nowhere, I just started crying.  I started freaking out about the usual- how fast time is going, and how much I still have to accomplish.  I have no idea why it all hit me then, but it must have been a sight to see a pregnant lady crying over pizzas-in-progress.  I called my mom in tears and just talking it out a little bit helped me feel better.  Crisis averted. 

Diet/Cravings/Aversions: I've been lucky to avoid any crazy cravings or aversions while pregnant, but the other day I was at CVS and walked past these Peanut Butter M&M's and just had to have them.  So worth it!


Sleep: I love sleep. I am SO glad I haven't really had any trouble with sleep so far (fingers crossed it stays this way for as long as possible).

Exercise: Still doing well with the 30 Day Shred DVD's.  It seems to be the perfect fit for me at this point- easy to modify the exercises, less than 30 minutes, and I still break a pretty good sweat.  Thanks, Jillian!

Movement: Lots!  I can definitely feel baby boy a lot more frequently throughout the day.  Each night, I usually lay in bed for a while and just try and spend some time watching him move.  He still plays shy and will completely stop moving when I try to put my hand on my belly to feel it from the outside or if I try to catch the movement on video.  I am still looking forward to when the movements become even bigger- to the point where I can make out a body part or figure out how he's oriented in there.  Oh! And I keep forgetting to include this, but I think the baby is scared of the blender.  Many afternoons when I get home from work, I make a smoothie.  The blender sits right at about my belly level on the counter top, and I have noticed that as soon as I turn the blender on, he will start squirming around until I turn it off.  Sorry, baby!

Boy or Girl: Team blue!

David Moment: One night this week, I was doing something in the kitchen and I saw David just staring at me. In an accusatory way, I asked him what he was staring at.  He responded, "Wow.  You're really pregnant."  It was pretty funny.  I guess it's taking a while to hit him, too. 

Milestones: Finally! A stranger in public (actually two in the same night) acknowledged/recognized that I'm pregnant!  And bonus: it wasn't in a rude way.  David and I were at the Greek Festival, waiting in a long line for some delicious Greek pastries.  There was a lady in the next booth over trying to get people to come over to her line for ice cream.  She pointed to me and said, "YOU!  You and that baby definitely need ice cream!"  And then later on that night, we were on the crowded shuttle bus on the way back to the parking lot.  There was standing room only when we got on, and an older man insisted that I take his seat.  It was really sweet. 

Spotted at the Greek Festival: Pregnant Lady
-Ok, now this is clearly not a real milestone (and I am embarrassed to even be discussing this), but I'm to the point where my belly is getting in the way of accomplishing a lot of tasks I used to never think twice about.  Well, I seriously felt like I deserved an award or some sort of public recognition after I completed the task of... cutting my toe nails.  That was seriously about a million times harder than I ever thought possible.  And baby was NOT happy with me afterwards for basically crushing him in the process.  Pedicures from here on out?  Sounds good to me!

Highlights of the Week: It was an eventful week...

-30 Week OB Appointment: I got my T-Dap vaccine to hopefully prevent the baby from getting pertussis.  My arm seriously hurt for days after that!  #wimp.  I also had a major "oh crap" moment when the doctor walked me through several pages of consents that I had to sign and initial in a million places basically acknowledging all of the risks for me and baby with the various types of birth/delivery.  I felt like I was signing my life away.  I still have almost zero ability to imagine myself being in that position in about ten weeks, but this made things feel very, very real.  I guess this really has to happen...

-Neighborhood Moms' Group: One evening David came home from work asking if I had seen all the cars parked outside and seen the park all lit up and crowded (I hadn't).  So we walked across the street to the park and stumbled upon "National Neighborhood Night Out."  Who knew? (Not us.)  There were several stations set up with food, music, local businesses advertising, and a few neighborhood organizations.  One of the tables we stopped at happened to be the newly formed "Moms' Group" for out little neighborhood.  I was SO excited to find out that this group existed.  The two ladies I talked to seemed very nice, and they told me all about the events they try to plan, the Facebook group, etc.  So it's official- I'm in a Moms' Group!  I kind of feel like an imposter, but I am excited that there is a network for this so close by for when I need support or socialization when baby arrives. 

 photo signature.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I love hearing from you!