Home About Me Travel Expat Life Image Map

Friday, October 04, 2013

6 Things About Me

I've seen this "6 Things About Me" post going around for a few weeks now.  And I always love a good survey, so when my fellow expat blogger friend, Lisa at Meanderings, Wanderings, and Adventures tagged me, I was game to jump on the bandwagon.  So, here goes:  

1.) What is your favorite animal and why?
Since moving to Australia, I've become somewhat obsessed with koalas.  The time I got to hold a koala at the zoo in Brisbane was probably one of the top 10 happiest moments of my life.  So much cuteness in one animal- I die!  And they seriously have the best life- eat some leaves, then sleep for 16-20 hours a day.  Sounds good to me! 


How can you resist that face?!
2.) If you could travel to one place in the world, where would it be?
Just one place?!  I refuse to pick just one.  So I'll list a few. :-)  Right now, I'm really prioritizing seeing as much of Australia as I can while we're here.  But beyond that, I would love to visit Bora Bora, Greece, and anywhere in South America. I don't know how my obsession with Bora Bora started, but ever since I can remember, I've always wanted to go there and stay in one of those above-water huts.  Greece- I'm just dying to see those beautiful cliffs with white-washed and blue buildings, ride a donkey, and who can resist Greek food?!  I know South America is huge, but I'd be happy to visit any country there.  I've always loved Latin culture, and it's been too long since I've traveled somewhere where I get to use my (very rusty) Spanish skills. 

3.) How many countries have you traveled to?  How many of the 50 states?

Countries: USA, Canada, Mexico, Antigua, Spain, Portugal, Ireland, England, Italy, Australia, New Zealand (that makes 11!)
States: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Washington (That makes 21!).  Looks like I've been neglecting the Midwest! 


One of my favorite states I've visited- Montana.  This photo was taken on a trip to Glacier Park during Spring Break of my Senior Year of college. 
4.) What is your favorite thing about yourself?  
I think that one of my best qualities is that I am very patient.  It takes a lot for me to lose my temper or get frustrated with someone or something for "taking too long."  In a lot of ways, I think I have always been this way (maybe my mom and dad can verify for me?), but I also think I've developed so much more patience being a teacher.  I often have people compliment me on how patient I am, and while it isn't a glamorous quality necessarily, I really do take it as a big compliment and it is something I really do like about myself. 

5.) What hobby would you love to pick up?
Like just about every other blogger and traveler out there, I would love to learn more about photography (and have a fancy camera).  I have run across and pinned a few free (and a few paid) online photography classes, but I just need to find the time to actually try one out and see what I think. 

6.) What is something not a lot of people would know about you?
I was a dancer for around 15 years- ballet, tap, and jazz at first, but mostly ballet as I got older.  I never really had the "dancer body," but I loved dancing, especially ballet!  Since I never really got into competitive school sports, dance was my thing.  I remember how proud and excited I was when I finally got promoted to "pointe" classes at my ballet studio!  I still have several pairs of my pointe shoes.  I miss it a lot sometimes! 

Feel free to join in and share 6 things about yourself!  Below are some of the questions to choose from:

Choose 6 questions you'd like:
What is your favorite animal and why?
Would you prefer a city break or a sun, sea, and sand vacation?
If you could travel to one place in the world, where would it be?
How many countries have you traveled to?  How many of the 50 states?
What is your favorite thing about yourself (or quality you like in others if you don't wanna talk about yourself)?
What is the best advice someone has ever given you?
What did you want to be when you grew up and what do you do now?
What is a pet peeve of yours?
What is the LAST concert you went to?
What is something not a lot of people would know about you?


 photo signature.jpg

4 comments:

  1. You certainly have a tourguide if you end up coming to Peru anytime while I´m here :) And I liked learning that you love dancing - I was in tap for about 9 years and miss it! I even brought my shoes to Peru but haven´t found that it´s very popular here haha. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool survey! Where'd you get the color map of the USA?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing! You have been to so many US states! That's one thing I really want to do when we decided to go back home is travel and explore the states more - and Montana and Alaska are top on the list! If you're ever read to visit New York remember I can hook you up - there is so much for to New York State than NYC (hiking, wine tasting, Niagara Falls - which is only 10 min from my parent's house in NY). I totally think you should go for the Photography classes. You already takes such great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved reading this post and learning more about you! You need to see more of the Midwest (my stomping grounds)! Thanks for sharing this :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love hearing from you!