Home About Me Travel Expat Life Image Map

Thursday, August 14, 2014

{Hidden Baby Chronicles} 13 Weeks - A Peach

June 12, 2014

Only one week left in my first trimester- that seems pretty unbelievable!  This week was a really fun week as we started telling more family members- this time around, our siblings.  Also, being sick (even if it was just having a cold) while pregnant, totally sucks. 


Photo Thoughts:  I refuse to do any bare belly photos, but if I did one, you'd be able to see that I am definitely "fuller-looking" around the middle.  However, there really is still not a bump to be spoken of.  Maybe I also just need to stop taking these photos at the end of the day so a "food baby" bump isn't confused for a real baby bump. 

How I'm Feeling:  As far as pregnancy symptoms go, I'm still feeling really good. In general though, I wasn't feeling too hot this week.  I came down with a cold over the weekend, and it hit pretty hard right away.  Usually when I have a cold, I'm not afraid to go straight for the Afrin, Tylenol cold, etc.  So I really don't think this cold was all that bad, it was more just that I couldn't take much of anything to relieve my symptoms.  I slept pretty terribly... even moved out to the couch one night.  I got desperate and even tried those "Breathe Right" strips (which totally didn't work).  Luckily, the cold didn't last long, and I was feeling almost entirely better by Thursday. 

Baby/Bump:  This week, baby H is the size of a peach and is forming vocal cords, teeth, and fingerprints.  Fingerprints! That's wild.  The baby's body is becoming more proportionate to its body.  Although, with my big ol' head, I'm guessing he/she will have a pretty giant noggin' still.



Symptoms: Still really really lucky in the pregnancy symptoms department.  I'm still experiencing some dizziness, especially if I get up from sitting too quickly, and I'm also still dealing with some pregnancy acne- just lovely.  I'm still looking/feeling really bloated in the stomach area.  I'm in that in between stage where my normal clothes (especially pants) are feeling tight and uncomfortable around the waist, but I'm still not big enough to need real maternity clothes.  It is getting really hot here, and my summer shorts were fitting well enough (if I just left them unbuttoned), but I finally broke down and just bought a new pair of regular shorts in a size up.  It was amazing how much more comfortable and better about myself it made me feel to have some bottoms that fit comfortably! 

Weight: +3.0 (down one pound from last week).  Still really hoping to keep my first trimester weight gain under 5 pounds. 

What I'm Anticipating:  We are heading to Austin for Father's Day weekend to spend time with David's family and share our news with them.  I am strangely nervous about this.  I guess maybe just since I can't predict their reactions as well as I could with my own parents.  I know for sure they will be happy and excited for us, I think I'm just more concerned about them understanding our desire to still keep things somewhat quiet for a few more weeks before we "go public."  It's a control thing for sure.  #controlfreak

What I'm Stressing About/Worries: Aside from what I mentioned above, I'm not stressing or worrying too much this week!

Diet/Cravings/Aversions: Nothing specific, but I have noticed that I get full much more quickly than I used to, and that full feeling seems to last a lot longer.  But then I will also get hungry really quickly/suddenly.  It's not a "hungry all the time" thing, it's more just that when I DO get hungry, I get hungry quickly and all of a sudden and it's like starving hungry. 

Sleep: No good this week because of my cold.  I even moved out to the couch one night thinking that sitting propped up would help- but no luck. 

Movement: Way too early for this.  I can't even imagine what this will be like when it does actually begin though.  It's crazy to think about!

Boy or Girl: Too early to know, but we will definitely find out when the time comes.

Highlights of the Week:  Definitely telling our siblings about their impending aunt/uncle status!  I had sent my brother and sister and David's sister "I Love My Aunt/Uncle" onesies in the mail.  I told them I had sent them late/early birthday presents (luckily their birthdays are all within a few months of this time) and made sure they had strict instructions not to open the present until I could FaceTime with them.  They were really surprised and so excited, and I'm so glad I set it up the way I did and made sure I could see their reactions since I couldn't see them in person.  I'm making an effort to take videos of our families as we tell them the news, and it's so fun to have their reactions recorded.  I'm planning to make a "video montage" once we are done telling everyone.  I didn't end up being able to tell David's sister this week, because it turned out that she had decided last minute to go to Austin for Father's Day weekend so she was out of town when the present arrived.  I was a little disappointed, but then realized it would be even better that I will get to tell her in person since we will be there, too! 

Another highlight of the week was my 12/13 week OB appointment.  It was basically just a follow-up from the blood work/ultrasound at my last appointment that were part of the 1st Tri combined screening.  All the results came back negative, which is what you want, so that was a huge relief!  I also got to hear the baby's heart beat again (this time beating at 170 bmp).  I don't think that sweet sound will ever get old!  David couldn't come to this appointment, so I took a video while the nurse used the Doppler so he could hear the heartbeat.  Check it out:



 photo signature.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I love hearing from you!