Home About Me Travel Expat Life Image Map

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Week 21 - A Carrot

August 7, 2014

While I continue to post my "Hidden Baby Chronicles," from here on out I also need to post my weekly updates on time.  Ok, so this one is a week late, but I gotta get back on track somehow.  So excuse the confusion of old and new for just a little while longer here...



Photo Thoughts: Looking rather tired here.  Also, hopefully soon my baby bump will pop out more than my butt does.  Haha :-) 

How I'm Feeling: Same old thing here- still feel really good, still thankful to feel so good.  I'm also still riding the high of finding out that Baby H is a BOY (full recap of that fun day coming soon)!  Things definitely feel a lot less abstract now that I can start to try and envision a baby boy. 

Baby/Bump: Supposedly baby is the size of a pomegranate this week.  But until someone can produce for me this mythical 10.5 inch pomegranate, I'm not buying it.  So despite the picture below, I went with a carrot (length-wise) for this week's produce comparison. 


As far as my bump goes, I think I finally "popped" this week!  FINALLY.  It's like Baby H just wanted to wait until everyone knew he was a HE before he started showing evidence of his existence.  Or something.  It's still nothing all that impressive, as I can still get by in looser clothing without it poking through.  But if I wear anything tight, you can definitely see the bump.  David pointed out this week that my belly actually seems to protrude more when I am laying down than when I am standing up.  Which seems a little strange to me, I guess he is defying gravity?... Or maybe he is more stretched out when I'm upright and likes to curl up when I lay down.  Who knows.  It's pretty wild though. 

The bump is especially prominent from the "above view."  Not that I was running that fast or anything, but the belly kept bumping into the little handle bar... sorry baby.
Bump from the side
 
Excuse the bare belly and messy room, but see how much more it protrudes when I'm horizontal?  Also, it is lopsided to the right. Scoot over please, baby boy.
Symptoms: Still with the acne, but I talked to the doc about it at my 20 week appointment, and he cleared me to use some topical medication, so hopefully that will help. 

Weight: I honestly forgot to weigh myself this week.  Oh darn...

What I'm Stressing About/Worries: Finding a place to live.  Our lease is up September 13, and we have officially turned in our move-out notice... without a place to move TO.  There is a lot on the rental market right now, but things are just moving so quickly.  We found a place we loved last week, and we thought we moved quickly in getting an application in, but somehow someone else got theirs in before ours, and we lost the house.  Back to the drawing boards... send some positive house-hunting vibes our way if you think of it. 

Sleep: Sleep is the best.  I really will be so sad if/when I start to have trouble sleeping.  I'm still getting by without a pregnancy pillow, and I'm still managing to somehow do a modified stomach sleep.  However, with my belly now on its way to large and in charge status, I'm not sure that will last much longer. 

Exercise: Still trying to squeeze in 4-5 workouts a week.  And my Wednesday Zumba class is something I look forward to all week.  I can't help but wonder how much longer before I will look absolutely ridiculous doing some of those moves with a huge belly... not that I didn't always look ridiculous doing any of the moves ;-) 

Movement: Still a few suspicious "gas bubble" sensations.  I'm skeptical that I'm actually feeling movement though.  Plus, my doctor confirmed that I do still have an anterior placenta, and he said that it probably won't be moving at this point.  So that probably means that it will be a bit longer than most people before I feel movement since there is essentially an extra layer of padding between the baby and my belly. 

Boy or Girl: A sweet baby BOY!!!  I still can't believe it!

Milestones: I'm now in the second half of this pregnancy.  We found out that Baby H is a BOY.  Aside from finding out the sex at the ultrasound, my doctor confirmed at my 20 week follow-up appointment that everything in the ultrasound was normal and developing just fine!  Oh, and I wore my first pair of maternity jeans.  That's a milestone, I think. 

Highlights of the Week: Of course the biggest highlight of the week was our ultrasound appointment.  There's nothing like seeing your baby moving around and looking healthy in there.  It was such a relief just in that first couple minutes when the ultrasound tech searched for the baby and found him pretty much immediately.  And it was such an amazing surprise to find out that we are having a sweet baby BOY.  I'm going to have a SON!  Crazy...

 photo signature.jpg

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you Megan!!!! Enjoy the comfortable sleeping while you still can :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is all so exciting : ) A boy! Yaay!! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love hearing from you!