Home About Me Travel Expat Life Image Map

Saturday, August 09, 2014

{Hidden Baby Chronicles} 6 Weeks - A Sweet Pea

April 24, 2014

Well as of today, I am officially housing a sweet pea. 


And according to my sources (The Bump and What To Expect When You're Expecting), my little sweet pea apparently already is starting to sprout a nose, eyes, ears, and chin, and cheeks.  How crazy is that?! 

I was pretty excited to get to six weeks... it just seems a little bit more legit/official in the pregnancy progress department to me.  I mentioned to my friend Kim that I hate to feel this way, but I really am kind of just wishing away/hoping these next 4-6 weeks or so just speed by.  I still just have so much anxiety and fear about this very "sensitive stage" of pregnancy.  I know the chances are much more in favor of things proceeding just as they should, but I just have this fear that this might not "stick."  She reassured me though, and gave me some of the best advice/words of wisdom that I've heard.  She said, "your body knows exactly what to do."  For some reason that just made me feel a lot better.  It's so true.  There is nothing really that I can do to control what will or won't happen at this point. So I just need to trust that my body knows what to do and relax for crying out loud. 

Exciting Moment Of the Week:  Telling my friend Kayli the news.  I think I really surprised her.  She is one of the few (we're talking like 2 people) that knew we were "trying," so I wanted to let her in on the news.  I Facetimed her and held up a can of Caffeine Free Diet Dr. Pepper thinking she might realize the significance of a DDP-obsessed person like me switching to (gasp, the horror) caffeine free.  She didn't quite catch on to that, so I just ran to the bathroom and held up the pee stick.  Then it clicked.  It was so fun to see her reaction, and so nice to have someone else to spill the beans to... I've been bursting to talk about it this week.

On My Mind:  The usual worries about something going wrong (broken record, I know).  Also, I'm so anxious for my first doctor appointment at 8 weeks.  It's so weird to have so few symptoms, that I start to doubt that I'm actually pregnant sometimes.  I have two pregnancy tests left, and I have to resist the urge to use them each day, just for some extra reassurance.  Those things don't last forever though, and I'd hate to see them go to waste ;-), so I plan to do another test/calm myself down at week 7, and then maybe the day before my appointment.  Psychotic/neurotic, I know.  Sue me. 

Pregnant Moment:  None really.  Oh, except I went to Easter brunch with my aunt and cousins and everyone had mimosas.  I hadn't really prepped for this, so I ordered one and took maybe two small sips (again, sue me), and then just hoped no one would really notice that I didn't finish it.  Didn't seem to be an issue at all! Phew!  It was tough to restrain my impulse to just down it though...

It's also surreal to begin reading my new "What To Expect..." book.  I can't believe this book applies to me now!  It's been really interesting to learn more about what is happening with my body at each stage.

Why yes, I guess I am...
Symptoms: As I mentioned before, not many.  I've heard and read that morning sickness often kicks in around 6-8 weeks, so I'm really hoping I can avoid that lovely experience.  So far the only real symptoms I have are some mild cramping... a little worse this week than last, some other not so lovely digestive issues, and some enhancement in the chest region (!), and starting to feel that "first trimester exhaustion." I don't think mine is as bad as what I've read about so far, but throughout the day I seriously cannot stop yawning.  I feel like the rudest person ever.  A co-worker actually called me out on it the other day.  Oops.  I'm so not a napper though (maybe I'll get there soon though?), but I have noticed that I need to lay down for about 10 minutes when I get home from work, and although I still stay up way too late, I can barely hold my eyes open at my usual time anymore, so maybe my bedtime needs to be adjusted.  Oh, one more thing- I've been having some wacky dreams.  That's been going on for 2-3 weeks though.  I can't really remember too many details of my dreams, but I wake up feeling just kind of creeped out by whatever just happened in my dreams.  Strange. 



 photo signature.jpg

1 comment:

  1. I just have to say that I LOVE how you are sharing this with us! Thanks for letting us into your world : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love hearing from you!