Home About Me Travel Expat Life Image Map

Saturday, August 16, 2014

{Hidden Pregnancy Chronicles} 16 Weeks - An Avocado

July 3, 2014

16 Weeks = 2/5 of the way there!  Crazy-town!


Photo Thoughts: Looking the same, mostly.  I guess the very low area of my stomach IS starting to look kind of rounded. Also- it is really bothering me that my necklace is off-center. 

How I'm Feeling: Just about all of "our people" know about our big news now, so the excitement is really starting to set in.  Although I will say, that things do still feel mostly surreal and abstract the majority of the time.  I go back and forth between periods of time where I think about being pregnant and having a baby all the time, to other periods of time where I basically forget I am pregnant all together. 

Baby/Bump: Baby H is the size of an avocado this week.  Although I can't say that I've ever encountered a 4.6 inch avocado...  He/she is growing hair, lashes, and eyebrows (perhaps related to a new symptom I experienced this week?).  And I'd imagine that being David's child, this little avocado is probably already quite gifted in the hair department.  Baby's hearing is also developing. 


Symptoms: I'm still feeling very lucky to have so few symptoms- I feel mostly the same as normal.  I'll take it (while knocking on every wood surface possible)!  I'm still getting lots of face and chest acne, so don't be too jealous of my lack of other symptoms.  A new symptom that I experienced this week was heartburn.  We went out to Mexican food on Friday night, and I felt it before we even left the restaurant.  It wasn't TOO bad, but definitely noticeable.  And if what all those old wives say is true, then the appearance of this new symptom would be right on cue with the fact that the baby is supposedly growing hair this week.  I'd honestly be shocked if this child wasn't born with a full head of dark hair (like his/her dad)... so I'm assuming that this heartburn won't be going anywhere anytime soon. 

Weight: +6.5.  Meh... That's a totally good number, and usually I'm OK with it... but then sometimes I get a little down on myself (and stressed about post-baby weight loss) when I consider that that 6.5 el beez is on top of the 8-10 pounds I gained in Australia and hadn't managed to shed before I got pregnant.  Oh well. 

What I'm Loving: Peanut butter.  I usually have a spoonful (or two...) when I get home from work every day.

What I'm Anticipating: Same as last week- still waiting on that "real bump" that's not just chub/food baby.  I'm not exactly in a huge hurry, because I know it will be around for plenty of time once it's here.  It's more just that I am impatient to know WHEN it will appear. 

What I'm Stressing About/Worries:  Not a whole lot- pretty smooth sailing right now.  I have a 16 week appointment next week, but I'm not really stressed about it. 

Diet/Cravings/Aversions: I'm enjoying being "off" any sort of eating regimen for the first time in... many years.  It's so nice to not constantly think about what food and how much, but I'm trying to still not go too crazy.  As far as eating goes, I have noticed that there no longer seems to be any separation between hungry and not hungry.  As in... I never feel "just a little bit hungry" ever anymore.  I'll just be not hungry, chillin', not hungry, not hungry, STARVING.  Just like that.  So I have been trying to carry a little snack around with me in my purse in case starving/hangry sneaks up on me.  Similarly, I have also noticed that I get full a lot faster than I used to, and being full is a lot more uncomfortable feeling than it used to be. 

Sleep: Still sleeping great.  I have noticed that my body has completely on its own pretty much transitioned me away from sleeping on my stomach.  I still have to fall asleep that way inititally, but anytime I wake up, I am always on my back or my side.  Good work, body. I'm trying to put off buying one of those enormous preggo pillows until I absolutely need one.  And so far, I'm totally fine the way I am.  David will be happy for all this extra time without the equivalent of a third person in our bed.

Dreams: Still with the wacky dreams!  This dream of the week this week was an eventful one.  David left for work extra early one morning.  After he left, I rolled over to his side of the bed (or so I thought), and went right back to sleep- although I don't think it was a very deep sleep.  I had a dream during that time that someone was pounding on the door trying to get in (scary!), and so in my half dreaming/half awake state, I felt like I needed to quickly get out of bed. So I quickly rolled over to get out of bed and BAM. On the floor.  Yep, I rolled out of bed completely.  Turns out I wasn't on his side of the bed afterall, so when I rolled, I was rolling off the bed, instead of across the bed.  It was a rough way to wake up!  Pretty funny though.

Exercise: Still clocking in 5-6 workouts a week. I figure I should bank as much exercise as I can while I still have the time/energy. 

Movement: Nope, and I'm really not expecting to feel anything until post 20 weeks.  I'll feel it when I feel it.  But I DO wonder, how do you KNOW what it feels like?

Boy or Girl: Still no inklings one way or the other really.  I'm excited to find out, but I'm not in a huge hurry. 

Milestones: Despite the lack of bump, I'm definitely feeling like I'm getting too big for my regular clothes.  My mom sent me a few maternity shirts a couple weeks ago, and my friend Kim loaned me some maternity pants and skirts.  I had put off trying anything on... partly because I just feel like I'm still in that "in between stage" and partly because of maybe some pride in not wanting to put my old wardrobe away... (denial, much?).  Anyway, I finally broke down and tried those clothes on.  Not so bad afterall!  And MAN those skirts/pants are so comfy around the waist.  And the extra length in the shirts is much appreciated. I also took advantage of a 50% off online sale from LOFT and ordered several maternity items from there, so I'm anxious to try those things on when they arrive.



 photo signature.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I love hearing from you!