Home About Me Travel Expat Life Image Map

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Jack - Week 8

February 14-20



We survived week 2 all on our own, and I'd say we did so pretty successfully.  Minimal tears from Jack, and I think this may be the first week post-partum that I haven't shed any tears myself!  

Last weekend was Jack's first Valentine's Day! He had a special Valentine's Day outfit, and he even managed to wear it the whole day (usually there is at least one necessary outfit change per day). We didn't do much in the way of celebrations, but David arranged for a Valentine's Day dinner for two for that evening from a fancy grocery store here called Central Market. Usually we have to eat at separate times since Jack is usually fussy around that time of the evening so someone has to occupy him. However on that night, Jack was pretty relaxed, so we actually got to eat together and just took turns holding him on our laps. It was a very different Valentine's Day than we've ever had, but it was really nice! 

He always does this stretch and makes this face when he's waking up. 



Cheeks! Chins!

Valentine's Day smooches!
David had Monday off from work. It was nice to have him here an extra day. During the week, he usually doesn't get home until around 8, which is hard because it makes for a long day for me being on baby duty, and unfortunately for David he usually gets home right when Jack is in his worst mood of the day. I definitely think that sometimes Jack just gets sick of seeing my face all day, because on the weekends, Jack seems very excited to see a face other than mine. It's like he's just over me by that point! 


I got the go ahead to resume working out from my doctor last week. So on Tuesday Jack and I went to a post-natal mom and baby pilates/barre class at the same studio where I took pre-natal classes. I, of course, was nervous about his behavior, but he did a great job.  He played on a yoga mat, did some of the exercises with me toward the end (planks over baby, tummy time on my chest while doing abs, etc.), and only started crying during the last ten minutes.  I'd call that a success!  

Thursday was the last day of our New Mom/New Baby class at the hospital where Jack was born.  I really enjoyed this class and am sad that it is over.  It was great to meet new moms with babies around Jack's age.  There was usually an agenda/topic for each week, but usually each class just kind of ended up being a group therapy session, which was so nice to just vent, bounce ideas off each other, cry together, etc.  

Taking a little nap during our last class at the hospital. 
Other New Things This Week:
-Jack's "Coming Home From the Hospital Outfit" finally fits!  I had no idea that a 0-3 month outfit would be so big for my newborn!

Jack's "Going Home From the Hospital Outfit" finally fits at 8 weeks!
-After class on Thursdays, I usually weigh Jack at the free scale in the hospital.  This week he was a wopping 12 pounds!  I can't believe how big he is getting- and so quickly!


-Jack is "talking" a TON more!  I love hearing his little voice.  He does lots of coo-ing and ooh-ing and aah-ing.  He loves to have pretend conversation where I talk, then he talks, then he waits for me to respond again.  It's pretty cute.  And the expressions he makes that go along with his talking are so adorable!

One of the cute faces he makes while talking
-Jack is still very inconsistent with sleep (both at night and during the day), but overall, I AM seeing improvements. We consistently get 3-4 hour stretches at night, which seems like the best night of sleep ever after how he used to sleep!

Milk drunk

First nap in the Bjorn


And a few more random Jack photos...


Jack holds onto my shirt while eating now. So cute!

 photo signature.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Adorbs! I feel you, Geralds been getting home late lately and it's tough. Weekends mean so much more to me now...HELP! Hehe. You're doing awesome and j can't wait too meet sweet Jack!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love hearing from you!