Home About Me Travel Expat Life Image Map

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Take It, Or Leave It

Day 22, Wednesday: Rant about something. Get up on your soapbox and tell us how you really feel. (a pet peeve, a current event, a controversial topic, something your husband or roommate or neighbor or boss does that really ticks you off)

I almost never like to get political here... or really anywhere else for that matter.  I don't like to incite drama or controversy, especially around political or religious topics.  I'm also not very comfortable standing on a soapbox- not for me.  For the most part, I really do understand and respect the value of different opinions, perspectives, and beliefs.  Rather than get aggressive, accusatory, or argumentative, I try to remind myself that when it comes down to it, most people really do have good intentions in their actions and beliefs.  That being said, for the purpose of this post, I wanted to share a link to a video that addresses the controversial topic of same-sex marriage.  I always have difficulty formulating my thoughts on this issue into words.  However, this speech from a member of the New Zealand Parliament after the country voted to legalize same-sex marriage is pretty spot on with how I feel about the issue.  I love how he keeps things simple, light-hearted, and positive.  And that is all I have to say/show about that.  Take it, leave it, or click that little red x in the top right corner.  :-)


 
Catch up with my "Blog Every Day in May" challenge here:
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5 (Oops! :-/ I did blog on day 5, just not following the prompt...)
Day 6
Day 20 (I broke my streak- I missed this day...)

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by! I love hearing from you!