Home About Me Travel Expat Life Image Map

Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Australia Bucket List

Wednesday, September 4: If you could take three months off from your current life and do anything in the world, what would you do?
 
When thinking of what I would do if I could do anything in the world, the first thing that comes to mind is travel.  Hands down. 
 
Truthfully, I actually already kind of feel like I'm getting to take an extended period of time off from "real life" to do and see some pretty amazing things.  While there are admittedly more things than I'd like to admit that I can find to complain about living here, about the challenging aspects of being an expat, and about living so far away from home, I do realize how lucky I am to be here and to have this opportunity of living and travelling abroad.  The pros absolutely outweigh the cons, and when I really get to thinking about it, I can't believe how blessed I am to, in a lot of ways, be practically living the life/situation described in the prompt. 
 
So I guess if I could take three months off from our life here, I would continue to do what we've been able to do so much of already this past year.  Travel!  Of course, this would be three work-free, budget-free months of travel :-)  I always have a running list in my head of places I'd love to see in the world... Egypt, South America, Greece, visit all seven continents, and on and on.  But lately, I've been thinking a lot about how much more there still is to see and do right here in Australia.  As much as I hate to admit it, the truth is that once David and I leave here, the chances of us returning to Australia are pretty slim.  Because of that, I really want to make the most of our time here and experience as much of Oz as we can!  So without further ado, here is my always growing "Australia Bucket List."
 
~The Whitsunday Islands~
...Whitehaven Beach, Hamilton Island, Airlie Beach, Hayman Island, Daydream Island...



~Humpback Whale Watching - Hervey Bay~
 

 
~Cairns~
 

  
~Swimming With Whale Sharks~
 

 
~Take A Surfing Lesson~
 

 
~Great Keppel Island~
...Sailboat from Yeppoon...

 
 ~Port Douglas and the Daintree Rainforest~
 

 
~Tasmania~



  
~Uluru and Ayer's Rock~
 

 
~Blue Mountains~
 

 
  photo signature.jpg

7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! All those things look wonderful! Can this be my bucket list too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only without the whale sharks... b/c I'm a wuss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This does sound fantastic! The pictures definitely make me want to do some of those things!

    Molly xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely put Australia on your bucket list! You won't regret it! :-)

      Delete
  4. Hey Megan! I really relate to this idea of traveling and also taking advantage of where we are in the moment. It's easy to get caught up in new adventures elsewhere, but also very humbling to explore opportunities just in our backyards. Thanks for the inspiration - I'm going to make my list too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh you have to get out to Cairns and the Blue Mountains. SO beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We traveled to Australia in April and I am dying to go back, like right this minute. We spent some time in Cairns and Mission Beach and I HIGHLY recommend it! Kuranda was very cute too for a day trip.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love hearing from you!