Home About Me Travel Expat Life Image Map

Monday, September 02, 2013

Tondoon Botanic Gardens {Gladstone}

One thing that really impresses me about Australia is that nearly every town and city has a huge number of parks and/or botanical gardens (here they say botanic gardens), and in my experience so far, these parks and gardens are always extremely well-kept.  For a small town, Gladstone actually has a pretty impressive botanic garden.  So when my parents were in town, I wanted to make sure they got a chance to visit Tondoon Botanic Garden.  The gardens do a really great job of showing the types of plants and trees that grow in all of the different regions of the country.  Since it is so dry and dominated by mostly browns/yellows/light greens here, I wanted to show my parents what the greener regions of Australia look like. 

 
 
 
I love these trees in the two photos below.  They're everywhere in Australia, but I'm not sure what they are called.  The roots that grow down from the branches are so neat.
 
 
 
The next two photos are from the "eucalyptus forest" in the garden.  I love these trees.. .they're so typically Australian!  The day we were here was quite windy, and the sound the wind was making blowing through the eucalyptus leaves was so beautiful.  If only there would have been a koala up there :-)
 
 
 
 
 photo signature.jpg

1 comment:

  1. They have those root trees in Hawaii too! Except ours are more ropy so we can swing around on the roots. Yours look pretty sturdy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love hearing from you!