Home About Me Travel Expat Life Image Map

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Public Love Letter

 
 
Monday, September 16: Write a public love letter to someone in your life. (It doesn't necessarily need to be romantic.)
 
I took a bit of a less serious note with this "love letter assignment"...
 
I often find myself missing some of the customer service/friendliness/pampering that we are used to in the US, so I think that is why I chose this person as the subject of my public love letter/thank you letter today.  A little random, yes, but oh well :-) 
 
Dear grocery store check-out clerk,
 
You are my favorite!  You make my weekly grocery trip something I actually look forward to at the end of each week.  I love when I run across people who really and truly are happy and seem to enjoy their job- you are one of those people.  I don't care if there is a shorter checkout line, I'm staying put in your line.  Here's a few other reasons why you're just the best:
 
-You always greet me with a very typical Australian greeting of, "Hey doll, how ya going?"  I know you call just about everyone "doll," but it somehow makes me feel like we are BFF
 
-I love hearing stories about store happenings of the day... which kid screamed the loudest, rogue grapes on the floor of the produce section causing slips, shop-lifting attempts, etc.
 
-You are Type A and kind of an organization freak like me.  You pack the grocery bags like its a science.  It's pretty impressive to watch. 
 
-While obsessively and methodically packing my grocery bags, you tell the same story each week about how you know how important it is to pack the bags carefully because of that one time that someone packed your laundry soap with your bread, and your husband complained about a soapy sandwich the next day. 
 
 
 
 photo signature.jpg

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! A little silly, but sincere- she really is the best!

      Delete
  2. So cute! And I am pretty sure anything said to me in an Australian accent is better than an American one:)

    Cheers,
    Alyson

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha this is my favorite letter that I've read so far!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh I loved 'how you going?'!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love hearing from you!