Home About Me Travel Expat Life Image Map

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

USA Foods


Wednesday, September 11: Share links to your favorite online shops, preferably with a few photos of your favorite items in each shop.
 
In the US, I was a huge online shopper.  It's just so easy (probably too easy).  I frequented sites like Amazon (they seriously have everything), Ann Taylor LOFT, Nordstrom, etc. 
 
However, online shopping is not a big thing at all in Australia so there are very few options for online shopping.  This is extra unfortunate since we live in a small town where being able to order things online that we might normally only be able to find in big cities would be really convenient.  Oh well.  I guess the good thing about this situation is that we're saving money in that category! 
 
One online shop that I DO love and use here in Australia is USA Foods.  This is a website that exclusively sells foods only found in the USA right here in Australia.  The product markup is seriously INSANE, but sometimes you really just need things like pumpkin puree, green chilies, Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix, Hot Tamales, etc., and you are willing to pay any price to get them. 
 
The contents of my USA Foods order this time last year. 
I'm about to place an order for pumpkin puree (among other items), and I'm already way too excited about it.  Yes, it is really weird to be making pumpkin-flavored goodies when it is Spring here and already feeling like summer temps, but I just can't NOT.. especially when Pinterest is currently dominated by nothing but pumpkin recipes.   Any pumpkin recipe suggestions to add to my list?!... 
 
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies from last year
 
 photo signature.jpg

4 comments:

  1. So funny because I find myself buying these same things from our version of USA Foods (Culinaris). Yes, that markup is high, but sometimes you just have to treat yourself. We will probably move back... to Houston, I suspect... in another 1-2 years. We will probably move to The Woodlands this go round, but I will always miss the Heights. We were back last Christmas and I went by our old house. Yes, it is rapidly changing there. The seedy houses/garages are being torn down to make way for new houses... lots of new restaurants. Makes me miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah, I wish that I knew about USA Foods when I was in Oz. I had to have my mom send me some of my favorite treats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How great that there is a place in Aus to get US food items! I hope there is something similar with a UK store in the US when I get there next month!

    Molly xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those chocolate chip cookies look amazing and I never thought that you would not be able to get things ....

    xx
    Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love hearing from you!